Arrest made after young man shot and stabbed in Forest Gate
A 21-year-old has been arrested in connection with a shooting and stabbing in Forest Gate last week.
The victim, a 22-year-old man, was rushed to an east London hospital in a serious but stable condition but police confirmed today that he has now been discharged.
Officers were called to Station Road at 2.55pm last Tuesday where they found a young man laying injured in the street.
Scotland Yard said the man had been stabbed and shot in the chest and stomach.
Operation Trident, the Metropolitan Police’s investigation unit for gun crime, are investigating the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The man has been bailed pending further inquiries.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate