Man arrested after ‘brutal’ New Year’s Eve stabbing in Canning Town
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a ‘brutal and brazen’ stabbing on New Year’s Eve have made an arrest.
A 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent by the Met’s gangs squad in the early hours of this morning at an address in Grange Road, Canning Town.
He is now in custody at an east London police station.
Det Sgt Olly Clark said: “It was a brutal and brazen attack which could have quite easily been fatal.
“I hope today’s arrest highlights our dedication to protecting our communities and targeting dangerous offenders.”
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to a stabbing at a shop in Hermit Road at about 7.55pm on December 31 last year.
Officers and paramedics found a 22-year-old man suffering from stab wounds. He was taken to an east London hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plans for industrial hub, shipyard and homes on Albert Island approved
It’s believed the suspect travelled to the address on a moped before carrying out the attack inside.
To report suspected criminal activity call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A young person can also contact the independent charity Fearless to pass on information anonymously.