Man arrested after ‘brutal’ New Year’s Eve stabbing in Canning Town
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a ‘brutal and brazen’ stabbing on New Year’s Eve have made an arrest.
A 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent by the Met’s gangs squad in the early hours of this morning at an address in Grange Road, Canning Town.
He is now in custody at an east London police station.
Det Sgt Olly Clark said: “It was a brutal and brazen attack which could have quite easily been fatal.
“I hope today’s arrest highlights our dedication to protecting our communities and targeting dangerous offenders.”
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to a stabbing at a shop in Hermit Road at about 7.55pm on December 31 last year.
Officers and paramedics found a 22-year-old man suffering from stab wounds. He was taken to an east London hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Charity provides free breakfasts for 561 vulnerable families over half term
It’s believed the suspect travelled to the address on a moped before carrying out the attack inside.
To report suspected criminal activity call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A young person can also contact the independent charity Fearless to pass on information anonymously.