Man arrested after ‘brutal’ New Year’s Eve stabbing in Canning Town
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a ‘brutal and brazen’ stabbing on New Year’s Eve have made an arrest.
A 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent by the Met’s gangs squad in the early hours of this morning at an address in Grange Road, Canning Town.
He is now in custody at an east London police station.
Det Sgt Olly Clark said: “It was a brutal and brazen attack which could have quite easily been fatal.
“I hope today’s arrest highlights our dedication to protecting our communities and targeting dangerous offenders.”
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to a stabbing at a shop in Hermit Road at about 7.55pm on December 31 last year.
Officers and paramedics found a 22-year-old man suffering from stab wounds. He was taken to an east London hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 4 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
It’s believed the suspect travelled to the address on a moped before carrying out the attack inside.
To report suspected criminal activity call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A young person can also contact the independent charity Fearless to pass on information anonymously.