East Ham murder: Man arrested after handing himself in to police
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man has been arrested in connection with the murder of a 28-year-old man in East Ham.
Police were called on Saturday (June 29) at 11.07pm to the junction of Ron Leighton Way and Wakefield Street, where they found a 28-year-old man suffering from stab injuries.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been made aware.
A murder investigation was launched by the Homicide and Major Crime Command, led by Detective Chief Inspector Tony Kirk.
Today (July 1), a 23-year-old man handed himself in to police at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
He has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remanded in custody pending further enquiries.
DCI Kirk said: "Although we have made an arrest, I am still keen to hear from anyone who witnessed this incident or has information or footage. Please don't hesitate, make the call."
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Homicide and Major Crime incident room on 0208 345 3985, on 101 quoting 9031/29June, Tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously via 0800 555 111 or online via https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/forms/give-information-anonymously.
Any young people who have information about violence or knife crime can visit www.fearless.org where they can pass on information anonymously. Fearless is part of the Crimestoppers charity, and is also independent of the police.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 3 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 4 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 5 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City