North Woolwich stabbing: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: Contributed
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of a 15-year-old boy in North Woolwich have arrested a man on suspicion of murder.
Police have announced they arrested a 25-year-old at an address in Newham shortly before 5am today. He remains in custody.
Police were called at approximately 6.50pm yesterday, Friday, December 11 to reports of a person stabbed in Woodman Street, North Woolwich.
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and found a 15-year-old with a stab wound. Despite the efforts of the emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
Det Supt Paul Whiteman, head of CID for the North East BCU, said: "I am shocked at this tragic loss of a young life. An arrest has been made but the investigation is still in its early stages. I would appeal to any members of the local community to come forward with any information which might help bring those responsible to justice.
"Local officers will step up patrols in the area in the coming days to reassure the public and continue to target violent crime."
The investigation is being led by the Met's Specialist Crime Command (Homicide). Anyone with information is urged to call the incident room on 0208 345 3715.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 We need a couple of bodies says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 3 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 6 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 7 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 8 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 9 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
Alternatively, they can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.