Armed robber who targeted four Newham betting shops is jailed
- Credit: Met Police
An armed robber who stole thousands of pounds from betting shops in a two-week crime spree has been jailed for 17 years.
Marcus Moore, of no fixed address, was sentenced today having earlier pleaded guilty to seven charges of possession of an imitation firearm, four charges of robbery, three of attempted robbery and one charge of theft.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how Moore armed himself with an imitatation gun to carry out the crimes between February 1 and 15 this year.
He carried out three robberies and one attempted robbery of betting shops in Newham, robbed a betting shop in Essex, attempted to rob a betting shop and a post office in Sidcup and stole ID cards and a TV from an address in Bromley.
Analysis of CCTV footage linked Moore to the offences and he was arrested on February 16.
You may also want to watch:
In total the 33-year-old stole £4,818 and told police he carried out the crimes to fund his heroin addiction.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 9 David Moyes does not want to be hammered for another striking mistake
- 10 East Ham MP urges government to keep £20 boost to universal credit