Armed robber who targeted four Newham betting shops is jailed
- Credit: Met Police
An armed robber who stole thousands of pounds from betting shops in a two-week crime spree has been jailed for 17 years.
Marcus Moore, of no fixed address, was sentenced today having earlier pleaded guilty to seven charges of possession of an imitation firearm, four charges of robbery, three of attempted robbery and one charge of theft.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how Moore armed himself with an imitatation gun to carry out the crimes between February 1 and 15 this year.
He carried out three robberies and one attempted robbery of betting shops in Newham, robbed a betting shop in Essex, attempted to rob a betting shop and a post office in Sidcup and stole ID cards and a TV from an address in Bromley.
Analysis of CCTV footage linked Moore to the offences and he was arrested on February 16.
You may also want to watch:
In total the 33-year-old stole £4,818 and told police he carried out the crimes to fund his heroin addiction.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 10 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes