Armed robber who targeted four Newham betting shops is jailed
- Credit: Met Police
An armed robber who stole thousands of pounds from betting shops in a two-week crime spree has been jailed for 17 years.
Marcus Moore, of no fixed address, was sentenced today having earlier pleaded guilty to seven charges of possession of an imitation firearm, four charges of robbery, three of attempted robbery and one charge of theft.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how Moore armed himself with an imitatation gun to carry out the crimes between February 1 and 15 this year.
He carried out three robberies and one attempted robbery of betting shops in Newham, robbed a betting shop in Essex, attempted to rob a betting shop and a post office in Sidcup and stole ID cards and a TV from an address in Bromley.
Analysis of CCTV footage linked Moore to the offences and he was arrested on February 16.
You may also want to watch:
In total the 33-year-old stole £4,818 and told police he carried out the crimes to fund his heroin addiction.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals