Armed police in Forest Gate after reports of gunshot
- Credit: Jon King
Armed police have swooped in after reports a gun was fired in a street in Forest Gate.
Officers were called at 6.07pm today (Monday, December 21) following reports of a gunshot in Dunbar Road.
A Met spokesman said: "There are no reported injuries. Full enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing and a crime scene is in place."
A Section 60 order has been authorised which grants police extra powers to stop and search.
The spokesperson said it was too soon to confirm whether the incident is linked to the discovery of a man in nearby Skelton Road.
Police carried out first aid on the man after they were called to reports of a shooting in Dunbar Road at 8.50pm on Saturday, December 19.
The victim is in a stable condition, according to police.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years