Armed police in Forest Gate after reports of gunshot
- Credit: Jon King
Armed police have swooped in after reports a gun was fired in a street in Forest Gate.
Officers were called at 6.07pm today (Monday, December 21) following reports of a gunshot in Dunbar Road.
A Met spokesman said: "There are no reported injuries. Full enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing and a crime scene is in place."
A Section 60 order has been authorised which grants police extra powers to stop and search.
The spokesperson said it was too soon to confirm whether the incident is linked to the discovery of a man in nearby Skelton Road.
Police carried out first aid on the man after they were called to reports of a shooting in Dunbar Road at 8.50pm on Saturday, December 19.
The victim is in a stable condition, according to police.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood