Apps the way to do it for Manor Park phone theft victim
As a 24-year-old man stepped out of a shop in station Road, Manor Park, to use his mobile phone he was suddenly approached by two men.
One pushed him from behind whilst the other snatched his Apple mobile phone. Both men fled.
The victim called police immediately and the phone was later recovered due to an application the victim had loaded on to his phone.
This application supplied information which led police to the location and subsequent arrest of the two men.
Newham’s Crime prevention officer Pc Andy Whitfield said: “Whilst the police do not promote particular mobile phone applications, this is a fantastic example of how successful this type of software is.
You may also want to watch:
“I recommend that you contact your mobile phone provider as they will be able to advise you on the best type of software for your particular phone.
- 1 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 2 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing