Apps the way to do it for Manor Park phone theft victim
As a 24-year-old man stepped out of a shop in station Road, Manor Park, to use his mobile phone he was suddenly approached by two men.
One pushed him from behind whilst the other snatched his Apple mobile phone. Both men fled.
The victim called police immediately and the phone was later recovered due to an application the victim had loaded on to his phone.
This application supplied information which led police to the location and subsequent arrest of the two men.
Newham’s Crime prevention officer Pc Andy Whitfield said: “Whilst the police do not promote particular mobile phone applications, this is a fantastic example of how successful this type of software is.
You may also want to watch:
“I recommend that you contact your mobile phone provider as they will be able to advise you on the best type of software for your particular phone.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 7 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections