Apps the way to do it for Manor Park phone theft victim
As a 24-year-old man stepped out of a shop in station Road, Manor Park, to use his mobile phone he was suddenly approached by two men.
One pushed him from behind whilst the other snatched his Apple mobile phone. Both men fled.
The victim called police immediately and the phone was later recovered due to an application the victim had loaded on to his phone.
This application supplied information which led police to the location and subsequent arrest of the two men.
Newham’s Crime prevention officer Pc Andy Whitfield said: “Whilst the police do not promote particular mobile phone applications, this is a fantastic example of how successful this type of software is.
You may also want to watch:
“I recommend that you contact your mobile phone provider as they will be able to advise you on the best type of software for your particular phone.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash