Apps the way to do it for Manor Park phone theft victim
As a 24-year-old man stepped out of a shop in station Road, Manor Park, to use his mobile phone he was suddenly approached by two men.
One pushed him from behind whilst the other snatched his Apple mobile phone. Both men fled.
The victim called police immediately and the phone was later recovered due to an application the victim had loaded on to his phone.
This application supplied information which led police to the location and subsequent arrest of the two men.
Newham’s Crime prevention officer Pc Andy Whitfield said: “Whilst the police do not promote particular mobile phone applications, this is a fantastic example of how successful this type of software is.
“I recommend that you contact your mobile phone provider as they will be able to advise you on the best type of software for your particular phone.
- 1 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 2 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 7 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure