Man wanted on suspicion of stabbing teenager outside Plaistow shop
- Credit: Met Police
Police investigating the stabbing of a teenager outside a Plaistow shop have released an image of the man they believe is responsible.
Halil Ates, 40, is wanted on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
Officers were called to Barking Road at 11.20pm on Saturday, April 27 to reports of a stabbing.
A 19-year-old was taken to hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening or life-changing.
Three men aged 20, 30 and 31, as well as a 31-year-old woman, were arrested at the scene on suspicion of obstructing police.
You may also want to watch:
They were later released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Detectives have now released a picture of Ates in a bid to trace him.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
He is described as Turkish, 5ft 10ins tall and of stocky build with short wavy hair and a moustache. He has scar marks on his right arm.
Anyone who knows of his whereabouts or who has information about the incident should call police on 101 quoting CAD 8512/27APR or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.