Man wanted on suspicion of stabbing teenager outside Plaistow shop
- Credit: Met Police
Police investigating the stabbing of a teenager outside a Plaistow shop have released an image of the man they believe is responsible.
Halil Ates, 40, is wanted on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
Officers were called to Barking Road at 11.20pm on Saturday, April 27 to reports of a stabbing.
A 19-year-old was taken to hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening or life-changing.
Three men aged 20, 30 and 31, as well as a 31-year-old woman, were arrested at the scene on suspicion of obstructing police.
You may also want to watch:
They were later released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Detectives have now released a picture of Ates in a bid to trace him.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
He is described as Turkish, 5ft 10ins tall and of stocky build with short wavy hair and a moustache. He has scar marks on his right arm.
Anyone who knows of his whereabouts or who has information about the incident should call police on 101 quoting CAD 8512/27APR or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.