Coffee thrown at men during homophobic attack on rush hour Tube
- Credit: BTP
Two men had coffee thrown at them and were subjected to homophobic abuse after asking a woman to take her bag off a Tube seat.
One of the men was also hit in the face several times during the attack, which happened after they boarded a rush hour Hammersmith and City line train at Plaistow.
An argument broke out after they asked the woman to move her bag so they could sit down, which resulted in her shouting homophobic abuse at the two men.
It is believed she then left the train at Bromley-by-Bow.
Officers investigating the incident, which took place on Thursday, August 9 at around 7.25am, have now released a picture of a woman they believe may have information about what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises her, or who witnessed the incident, is asked to contact British Transport Police by texting 61016 or calling 0800 405040, quoting reference 143 of 9/08/18. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings