Coffee thrown at men during homophobic attack on rush hour Tube
- Credit: BTP
Two men had coffee thrown at them and were subjected to homophobic abuse after asking a woman to take her bag off a Tube seat.
One of the men was also hit in the face several times during the attack, which happened after they boarded a rush hour Hammersmith and City line train at Plaistow.
An argument broke out after they asked the woman to move her bag so they could sit down, which resulted in her shouting homophobic abuse at the two men.
It is believed she then left the train at Bromley-by-Bow.
Officers investigating the incident, which took place on Thursday, August 9 at around 7.25am, have now released a picture of a woman they believe may have information about what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises her, or who witnessed the incident, is asked to contact British Transport Police by texting 61016 or calling 0800 405040, quoting reference 143 of 9/08/18. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0