Appeal for witnesses to ‘ruthless killing’ of former Newham College student
- Credit: Met Police
A teenager who was gunned down in Ilford in a ‘ruthless killing’ a week ago was a former student at Newham College.
Abdifatah Sheikhey, who was known as Abdi, was shot in the heart as he sat in a car in Bedford Road on Tuesday, February 21 at 10.10pm.
The gunman then made off in the BMW, which was found abandoned the next day in Express Drive, Goodmayes.
In CCTV seen by the Recorder, a Good Samaritan attempts CPR on the 19-year-old after getting him out of the vehicle.
Abdi, who was also known by his nickname “Alpo”, was a student at the college in 2014 and was currently making music in his spare time.
You may also want to watch:
He had recently applied for a supermarket job.
Fatimah, who went to school with Abdi, said he was a hardworking student with many friends.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
She said: “It’s so upsetting, he was such a lovely guy.
“I just saw him about a week ago and we briefly said hello.
“When we were at school together, he was always bringing in his homework early and he loved science.
“We hadn’t spoke much recently after we left school but I can’t believe this has happened.”
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Det Ch Insp Chris Jones from the Homicide and Major Crime Command said: “We urgently need the assistance of the public to find those responsible for this ruthless killing of a young man.
“We are appealing for witnesses to the shooting and also anyone who saw this distinctive BMW being used or abandoned.
“Abdi’s family are inconsolable and your information could help bring to justice those responsible for this heinous crime.”
Any witnesses, or anyone with any information, is asked to call detectives on 020 8345 3734 or police on 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via the crimestoppers-uk.org web site.