Appeal for witnesses of suspected abduction in Upton Park
Police are appealing for witnesses of an incident where a woman may have been abducted.
Members of the public called the police claiming they saw a white woman having an argument with a group of men on Plashet Road, Upton Park, at 12.50pm on Tuesday.
She was still shouting out as she entered the back of a blue-coloured vehicle with a number plate beginning EF06 which sped off towards Stratford.
A grey or silver-coloured vehicle was also seen driving off along with the blue one.
Police arrived at the scene but were unable to trace either the woman or the vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
At this stage, police say they are keeping an open mind about why the woman was taken but they have evidence to suggest she was taken against her will.
Investigating officer Det Insp John Reynolds, of Newham CID, said: “Police are concerned for the welfare of the woman and I appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have heard or seen anything suspicious - including any sightings of suspicious vehicles, perhaps driving at speed - to contact us.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 4 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
“Do you know who this female is or her current whereabouts?”
Anyone with information should contact Newham CID on 020 8217 7515 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.