Appeal for witnesses of suspected abduction in Upton Park
Police are appealing for witnesses of an incident where a woman may have been abducted.
Members of the public called the police claiming they saw a white woman having an argument with a group of men on Plashet Road, Upton Park, at 12.50pm on Tuesday.
She was still shouting out as she entered the back of a blue-coloured vehicle with a number plate beginning EF06 which sped off towards Stratford.
A grey or silver-coloured vehicle was also seen driving off along with the blue one.
Police arrived at the scene but were unable to trace either the woman or the vehicles.
At this stage, police say they are keeping an open mind about why the woman was taken but they have evidence to suggest she was taken against her will.
Investigating officer Det Insp John Reynolds, of Newham CID, said: “Police are concerned for the welfare of the woman and I appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident who may have heard or seen anything suspicious - including any sightings of suspicious vehicles, perhaps driving at speed - to contact us.
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 3 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 4 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 5 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 6 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 7 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 8 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 9 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 10 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
“Do you know who this female is or her current whereabouts?”
Anyone with information should contact Newham CID on 020 8217 7515 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.