Appeal for witnesses of Custom House stabbing
Newham Police are renewing an appeal for witnesses after a man was stabbed in Custom House in May.
The 46-year-old victim, a mini-cab driver, had taken a booking to collect a fare at Berwick Road, on Monday May 23 at 12.05am.
When he arrived at the address, he was surrounded in his black VW Sharon people carrier by a group of six men who demanded that he hand over his keys.
Two of the men got into the car and stabbed the victim a number of times in the chest and neck area before dragging him out of the vehicle. The suspects then fled the scene in an unknown direction in the stolen vehicle.
The victim was taken to hospital where he was treated for his injuries and later discharged.
You may also want to watch:
The six suspects are all described as black men aged between 18 and 25 years old.
Anyone with any information about this incident is to contact DC Neil Godwin from Newham Robbery squad on 0208 217 6648 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
This appeal follows the sentencing of a 16-year-old boy on Wednesday, November 23 in connection to the robbery, where he pleaded guilty to robbery as a joint enterprise.