Appeal for witnesses of Custom House stabbing
Newham Police are renewing an appeal for witnesses after a man was stabbed in Custom House in May.
The 46-year-old victim, a mini-cab driver, had taken a booking to collect a fare at Berwick Road, on Monday May 23 at 12.05am.
When he arrived at the address, he was surrounded in his black VW Sharon people carrier by a group of six men who demanded that he hand over his keys.
Two of the men got into the car and stabbed the victim a number of times in the chest and neck area before dragging him out of the vehicle. The suspects then fled the scene in an unknown direction in the stolen vehicle.
The victim was taken to hospital where he was treated for his injuries and later discharged.
The six suspects are all described as black men aged between 18 and 25 years old.
Anyone with any information about this incident is to contact DC Neil Godwin from Newham Robbery squad on 0208 217 6648 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 2 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 3 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 6 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 9 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 10 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
This appeal follows the sentencing of a 16-year-old boy on Wednesday, November 23 in connection to the robbery, where he pleaded guilty to robbery as a joint enterprise.