Appeal for witnesses of Custom House stabbing
Newham Police are renewing an appeal for witnesses after a man was stabbed in Custom House in May.
The 46-year-old victim, a mini-cab driver, had taken a booking to collect a fare at Berwick Road, on Monday May 23 at 12.05am.
When he arrived at the address, he was surrounded in his black VW Sharon people carrier by a group of six men who demanded that he hand over his keys.
Two of the men got into the car and stabbed the victim a number of times in the chest and neck area before dragging him out of the vehicle. The suspects then fled the scene in an unknown direction in the stolen vehicle.
The victim was taken to hospital where he was treated for his injuries and later discharged.
You may also want to watch:
The six suspects are all described as black men aged between 18 and 25 years old.
Anyone with any information about this incident is to contact DC Neil Godwin from Newham Robbery squad on 0208 217 6648 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
This appeal follows the sentencing of a 16-year-old boy on Wednesday, November 23 in connection to the robbery, where he pleaded guilty to robbery as a joint enterprise.