Appeal for witnesses of Custom House stabbing
Newham Police are renewing an appeal for witnesses after a man was stabbed in Custom House in May.
The 46-year-old victim, a mini-cab driver, had taken a booking to collect a fare at Berwick Road, on Monday May 23 at 12.05am.
When he arrived at the address, he was surrounded in his black VW Sharon people carrier by a group of six men who demanded that he hand over his keys.
Two of the men got into the car and stabbed the victim a number of times in the chest and neck area before dragging him out of the vehicle. The suspects then fled the scene in an unknown direction in the stolen vehicle.
The victim was taken to hospital where he was treated for his injuries and later discharged.
You may also want to watch:
The six suspects are all described as black men aged between 18 and 25 years old.
Anyone with any information about this incident is to contact DC Neil Godwin from Newham Robbery squad on 0208 217 6648 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
This appeal follows the sentencing of a 16-year-old boy on Wednesday, November 23 in connection to the robbery, where he pleaded guilty to robbery as a joint enterprise.