Appeal for witnesses after man, 71, kicked and punched in Upton Park
- Credit: Archant
Did you witness an assault on an elderly man in Upton Park this morning?
Police are appealing for information after a 71-year-old was punched and kicked in the face several times in an unprovoked attack.
He was taken to hospital with severe bruising and lacerations to his face but has since been discharged.
The assault happened on Grangewood Street at around 8.40am.
The suspect is described as a black man in his mid 20s who is 5ft 10 tall and of medium build.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a grey fleece and carrying a plastic drawstring bag which was either blue or grey.
Detective Sergeant Dean Musgrove from Newham CID said: “This was a vicious random unprovoked attack on an elderly gentleman causing significant injuries.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 6 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
“There were several people present during the morning school run and we would like these people to come forward with any information they may have”.
Anyone with information about the incident should call Newham CID on 0208 217 5890 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.