Appeal for witnesses after man, 71, kicked and punched in Upton Park
- Credit: Archant
Did you witness an assault on an elderly man in Upton Park this morning?
Police are appealing for information after a 71-year-old was punched and kicked in the face several times in an unprovoked attack.
He was taken to hospital with severe bruising and lacerations to his face but has since been discharged.
The assault happened on Grangewood Street at around 8.40am.
The suspect is described as a black man in his mid 20s who is 5ft 10 tall and of medium build.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a grey fleece and carrying a plastic drawstring bag which was either blue or grey.
Detective Sergeant Dean Musgrove from Newham CID said: “This was a vicious random unprovoked attack on an elderly gentleman causing significant injuries.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 6 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 7 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 8 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 9 How staff helped Plaistow pupils win £1m of top college scholarships
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
“There were several people present during the morning school run and we would like these people to come forward with any information they may have”.
Anyone with information about the incident should call Newham CID on 0208 217 5890 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.