Appeal for witnesses after man, 71, kicked and punched in Upton Park
- Credit: Archant
Did you witness an assault on an elderly man in Upton Park this morning?
Police are appealing for information after a 71-year-old was punched and kicked in the face several times in an unprovoked attack.
He was taken to hospital with severe bruising and lacerations to his face but has since been discharged.
The assault happened on Grangewood Street at around 8.40am.
The suspect is described as a black man in his mid 20s who is 5ft 10 tall and of medium build.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a grey fleece and carrying a plastic drawstring bag which was either blue or grey.
Detective Sergeant Dean Musgrove from Newham CID said: “This was a vicious random unprovoked attack on an elderly gentleman causing significant injuries.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
“There were several people present during the morning school run and we would like these people to come forward with any information they may have”.
Anyone with information about the incident should call Newham CID on 0208 217 5890 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.