Appeal after teenager sexually assaulted in Manor Park
Police have released a picture of a ‘spiritual healer’ wanted in connection with an alleged sex attack on a woman in Manor Park.
The assault is reported to have taken place at around 8pm on March 30 last year, when an 18-year-old and her mother went to a property in High Street North.
The alleged victim had been suffering from headaches and thought visiting a man who claimed to be a healer would help.
Detectives believe the suspect is Viswanathan Shadtray (pictured) who is aged between 37 and 40. He is of Asian appearance with thick curly black hair, a moustache and beard.
The suspect began to say prayers and it was while the mother was absent, that a first sex assault is said to have taken place.
You may also want to watch:
Police said a second assault then took place when the mother again left the room.
The incident was reported to police on April 2 2011.
- 1 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 2 Man, 19, arrested in Newham during proactive police patrol
- 3 Junior Jah: Police release image of stolen car used in Custom House fatal attack
- 4 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 5 Cannabis factory discovered by firefighters tackling blaze in Upton Park
- 6 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 7 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Excess death rates in Newham among highest in England and Wales, figures show
- 10 'Beautiful' meadow blossoms at Wanstead Flats a year after Covid-19 mortuary removed
Detective Constable David Poole of Sapphire said: “I am appealing for anyone who has any information on Viswanathan Shadtray’s whereabouts to come forward and I am also appealing for any other victims to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact (020) 8217 9862 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.