Appeal after teenager sexually assaulted in Manor Park
Police have released a picture of a ‘spiritual healer’ wanted in connection with an alleged sex attack on a woman in Manor Park.
The assault is reported to have taken place at around 8pm on March 30 last year, when an 18-year-old and her mother went to a property in High Street North.
The alleged victim had been suffering from headaches and thought visiting a man who claimed to be a healer would help.
Detectives believe the suspect is Viswanathan Shadtray (pictured) who is aged between 37 and 40. He is of Asian appearance with thick curly black hair, a moustache and beard.
The suspect began to say prayers and it was while the mother was absent, that a first sex assault is said to have taken place.
You may also want to watch:
Police said a second assault then took place when the mother again left the room.
The incident was reported to police on April 2 2011.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
Detective Constable David Poole of Sapphire said: “I am appealing for anyone who has any information on Viswanathan Shadtray’s whereabouts to come forward and I am also appealing for any other victims to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact (020) 8217 9862 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.