Appeal after teenager sexually assaulted in Manor Park
Police have released a picture of a ‘spiritual healer’ wanted in connection with an alleged sex attack on a woman in Manor Park.
The assault is reported to have taken place at around 8pm on March 30 last year, when an 18-year-old and her mother went to a property in High Street North.
The alleged victim had been suffering from headaches and thought visiting a man who claimed to be a healer would help.
Detectives believe the suspect is Viswanathan Shadtray (pictured) who is aged between 37 and 40. He is of Asian appearance with thick curly black hair, a moustache and beard.
The suspect began to say prayers and it was while the mother was absent, that a first sex assault is said to have taken place.
Police said a second assault then took place when the mother again left the room.
The incident was reported to police on April 2 2011.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 6 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 7 We need to put the ball in the net says Rice after West Ham defeat at City
- 8 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
Detective Constable David Poole of Sapphire said: “I am appealing for anyone who has any information on Viswanathan Shadtray’s whereabouts to come forward and I am also appealing for any other victims to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact (020) 8217 9862 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.