Appeal after teenager sexually assaulted in Manor Park
Police have released a picture of a ‘spiritual healer’ wanted in connection with an alleged sex attack on a woman in Manor Park.
The assault is reported to have taken place at around 8pm on March 30 last year, when an 18-year-old and her mother went to a property in High Street North.
The alleged victim had been suffering from headaches and thought visiting a man who claimed to be a healer would help.
Detectives believe the suspect is Viswanathan Shadtray (pictured) who is aged between 37 and 40. He is of Asian appearance with thick curly black hair, a moustache and beard.
The suspect began to say prayers and it was while the mother was absent, that a first sex assault is said to have taken place.
You may also want to watch:
Police said a second assault then took place when the mother again left the room.
The incident was reported to police on April 2 2011.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
Detective Constable David Poole of Sapphire said: “I am appealing for anyone who has any information on Viswanathan Shadtray’s whereabouts to come forward and I am also appealing for any other victims to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact (020) 8217 9862 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.