Appeal after teen stabbed in Plaistow street attack
A teenager was stabbed in the back during a street attack in Plaistow.
The 15-year-old victim was crossing Prince Regent Lane with two friends when he was set upon by two men.
Passing paramedics witnessed the attack, which happened at the junction with Glen Road, near Newham Sixth Form College, at around 4.35pm on March 29.
One suspect was seen dropping a knife before he and an accomplice made off in a dark-coloured people carrier towards the A13.
The paramedics went to the aid of the victim and discovered he had been stabbed in the back and arm.
You may also want to watch:
He was treated in hospital but has since been discharged.
The knifeman was light-skinned with braided hair, around 5ft 9in tall and aged between 18 and 20.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 7 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 8 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 9 How staff helped Plaistow pupils win £1m of top college scholarships
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
His accomplice is described as black with short black hair.
Det Con Phil Maunders said: “This was a busy time of day in a built-up area with busy traffic.
“Someone must have seen what happened and I would urge anyone with information to come forward and speak to us.”
Anyone with information should call the Newham Violent Crime Unit on 020 7275 5851 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.