Elderly man punched in face on Central Line train
- Credit: BTP
An elderly man was punched in the face on a Central Line tube train.
British Transport Police (BTP) officers investigating the unprovoked attack - which happened just before 9pm on July 4 - have released CCTV images of three people they want to speak to following the incident.
The victim was travelling between Bethnal Green and Redbridge stations when a man looked at him and said: "What are you looking at?"
He looked away, but the other man smacked him on the side of his face before he and two women he was travelling with got off at Stratford.
The three then ran into the station, according to the BTP.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the people in the images, or have any information which can help officers with their investigation, is asked to contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 587 of 04/07/21.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 3 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 9 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London