Police make third arrest after Forest Gate stabbing
- Credit: Luke Acton
Detectives have made a third arrest as they investigate the fatal stabbing of a man in Forest Gate.
The man, 24, was arrested the night of Saturday, June 1 on suspicion of murder. He is in custody at an east London police station.
It comes after a 33-year-old died when he was stabbed in the early hours of Tuesday, May 28.
Officers found him on Warwick Road after responding to reports of a street fight. He was taken to hospital, but later died.
A post-mortem found the cause of death to be a stab wound to the abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
The next of kin have been informed, though a formal identification is pending.
A 46-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on the day of the incident and has been released on bail until a court date in mid-June.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
A woman, 20, was arrested the next day, also on suspicion of murder. She remains in custody.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are still working to establish the circumstance around the stabbing. They are keen to hear from anyone with information.
Information can be passed by calling 101 and quoting CAD427/28May. Police can also be reached on Twitter @MetCC.
People can call anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.