Ammonia squirted at two men during Forest Gate robbery
- Credit: Archant
Ammonia was squirted at a car driver and his passenger in a robbery after the driver refused to hand over his keys.
Two men wearing balaclavas approached the driver in Boleyn Road, Forest Gate, as he was loading it with some building materials on July 27 at about 11.30pm.
They demanded his car keys and when the man refused to do so, he was assaulted and sustained an injury to his leg.
Both men were then targeted with the ammonia before the robbers fled the scene empty-handed.
Paramedics later took both individuals to hospital. Their injuries are not believed to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are investigating. No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or directly on 07747 780610.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 4 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR