Ammonia squirted at two men during Forest Gate robbery
- Credit: Archant
Ammonia was squirted at a car driver and his passenger in a robbery after the driver refused to hand over his keys.
Two men wearing balaclavas approached the driver in Boleyn Road, Forest Gate, as he was loading it with some building materials on July 27 at about 11.30pm.
They demanded his car keys and when the man refused to do so, he was assaulted and sustained an injury to his leg.
Both men were then targeted with the ammonia before the robbers fled the scene empty-handed.
Paramedics later took both individuals to hospital. Their injuries are not believed to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are investigating. No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or directly on 07747 780610.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0