Ammonia squirted at two men during Forest Gate robbery
- Credit: Archant
Ammonia was squirted at a car driver and his passenger in a robbery after the driver refused to hand over his keys.
Two men wearing balaclavas approached the driver in Boleyn Road, Forest Gate, as he was loading it with some building materials on July 27 at about 11.30pm.
They demanded his car keys and when the man refused to do so, he was assaulted and sustained an injury to his leg.
Both men were then targeted with the ammonia before the robbers fled the scene empty-handed.
Paramedics later took both individuals to hospital. Their injuries are not believed to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are investigating. No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or directly on 07747 780610.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research