Alert over East Ham conman
DETECTIVES are hunting a man posing as a water board official who stole cash and jewellery from two women after conning his way into their East Ham home.
The man is described as a white male around 6ft 2ins tall and aged between 27 and 30 years.
He struck at the property on Folkestone Road saying he needed to check the water pressure.
The two women, both in their 50s. were kept busy in the kitchen by the suspect, who had short brown hair, a goatee beard and blue eyes, and was wearing a blue jacket and light blue jeans.
Once he had left, the victims discovered that jewellery and a substantial amount of cash was missing from one of the bedrooms, leading detectives to believe more than one person was involved on November 16 at around 11.30am,
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Tim Campen said: “I urge anyone with information in relation to this incident to come forward in order for us to identify this suspect and anyone who encounters a situation such as this should stop and think before opening their door to door to door trades people” To get in touch with the Burglary Squad call 020 8217 5009 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing