Alert over East Ham conman
DETECTIVES are hunting a man posing as a water board official who stole cash and jewellery from two women after conning his way into their East Ham home.
The man is described as a white male around 6ft 2ins tall and aged between 27 and 30 years.
He struck at the property on Folkestone Road saying he needed to check the water pressure.
The two women, both in their 50s. were kept busy in the kitchen by the suspect, who had short brown hair, a goatee beard and blue eyes, and was wearing a blue jacket and light blue jeans.
Once he had left, the victims discovered that jewellery and a substantial amount of cash was missing from one of the bedrooms, leading detectives to believe more than one person was involved on November 16 at around 11.30am,
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Tim Campen said: “I urge anyone with information in relation to this incident to come forward in order for us to identify this suspect and anyone who encounters a situation such as this should stop and think before opening their door to door to door trades people” To get in touch with the Burglary Squad call 020 8217 5009 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking