Alert over East Ham conman
DETECTIVES are hunting a man posing as a water board official who stole cash and jewellery from two women after conning his way into their East Ham home.
The man is described as a white male around 6ft 2ins tall and aged between 27 and 30 years.
He struck at the property on Folkestone Road saying he needed to check the water pressure.
The two women, both in their 50s. were kept busy in the kitchen by the suspect, who had short brown hair, a goatee beard and blue eyes, and was wearing a blue jacket and light blue jeans.
Once he had left, the victims discovered that jewellery and a substantial amount of cash was missing from one of the bedrooms, leading detectives to believe more than one person was involved on November 16 at around 11.30am,
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Tim Campen said: “I urge anyone with information in relation to this incident to come forward in order for us to identify this suspect and anyone who encounters a situation such as this should stop and think before opening their door to door to door trades people” To get in touch with the Burglary Squad call 020 8217 5009 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 7 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 8 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving