“Aladdin’s cave” of stolen electrical goods found in Stratford house
- Credit: Archant
An “Aladdin’s cave” of suspected stolen electrical equipment was seized from a house in Warton Road, Stratford, during Operation Big Wing on Wednesday.
Police executed a warrant to recover a TV known to have been stolen in a recent burglary and, while searching the house, officers also discovered consoles with an estimated total worth of £4,000.
The haul of electrical goods included two PlayStation 2 consoles, two Wii consoles, an Xbox One, a Toshiba laptop and Sky box.
About an ounce of cannabis with a street value of £200 was also found.
Det Chef Ins Dave Rock said: “As part of Operation Big Wing Newham’s Priority Crime Task Force executed a warrant to recover a TV known to have been stolen from a recent burglary. Upon searching the address they seized that TV, a quantity of cannabis,and an ‘Aladdin’s Cave’ of electrical goods, such as a brand-new X-Box, found to have been obtained by fraud or theft.”
You may also want to watch:
A 30-year-old man was arrested at the address and has been bailed while enquiries continue.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines