“Aladdin’s cave” of stolen electrical goods found in Stratford house
- Credit: Archant
An “Aladdin’s cave” of suspected stolen electrical equipment was seized from a house in Warton Road, Stratford, during Operation Big Wing on Wednesday.
Police executed a warrant to recover a TV known to have been stolen in a recent burglary and, while searching the house, officers also discovered consoles with an estimated total worth of £4,000.
The haul of electrical goods included two PlayStation 2 consoles, two Wii consoles, an Xbox One, a Toshiba laptop and Sky box.
About an ounce of cannabis with a street value of £200 was also found.
Det Chef Ins Dave Rock said: “As part of Operation Big Wing Newham’s Priority Crime Task Force executed a warrant to recover a TV known to have been stolen from a recent burglary. Upon searching the address they seized that TV, a quantity of cannabis,and an ‘Aladdin’s Cave’ of electrical goods, such as a brand-new X-Box, found to have been obtained by fraud or theft.”
You may also want to watch:
A 30-year-old man was arrested at the address and has been bailed while enquiries continue.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham