“Aladdin’s cave” of stolen electrical goods found in Stratford house
- Credit: Archant
An “Aladdin’s cave” of suspected stolen electrical equipment was seized from a house in Warton Road, Stratford, during Operation Big Wing on Wednesday.
Police executed a warrant to recover a TV known to have been stolen in a recent burglary and, while searching the house, officers also discovered consoles with an estimated total worth of £4,000.
The haul of electrical goods included two PlayStation 2 consoles, two Wii consoles, an Xbox One, a Toshiba laptop and Sky box.
About an ounce of cannabis with a street value of £200 was also found.
Det Chef Ins Dave Rock said: “As part of Operation Big Wing Newham’s Priority Crime Task Force executed a warrant to recover a TV known to have been stolen from a recent burglary. Upon searching the address they seized that TV, a quantity of cannabis,and an ‘Aladdin’s Cave’ of electrical goods, such as a brand-new X-Box, found to have been obtained by fraud or theft.”
You may also want to watch:
A 30-year-old man was arrested at the address and has been bailed while enquiries continue.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show