“Aladdin’s cave” of stolen electrical goods found in Stratford house
- Credit: Archant
An “Aladdin’s cave” of suspected stolen electrical equipment was seized from a house in Warton Road, Stratford, during Operation Big Wing on Wednesday.
Police executed a warrant to recover a TV known to have been stolen in a recent burglary and, while searching the house, officers also discovered consoles with an estimated total worth of £4,000.
The haul of electrical goods included two PlayStation 2 consoles, two Wii consoles, an Xbox One, a Toshiba laptop and Sky box.
About an ounce of cannabis with a street value of £200 was also found.
Det Chef Ins Dave Rock said: “As part of Operation Big Wing Newham’s Priority Crime Task Force executed a warrant to recover a TV known to have been stolen from a recent burglary. Upon searching the address they seized that TV, a quantity of cannabis,and an ‘Aladdin’s Cave’ of electrical goods, such as a brand-new X-Box, found to have been obtained by fraud or theft.”
You may also want to watch:
A 30-year-old man was arrested at the address and has been bailed while enquiries continue.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 10 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss