5th man arrested after Stratford shopping centre killing of Beniamin Pieknyi
- Credit: MPS
A fifth arrest has been made today in the investigation into the killing of Beniamin Pieknyi in Stratford.
The 19-year-old from Newham has been held “on suspicion of murder and robbery”, Scotland Yard confirmed this-evening.
He was taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody tonight.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to a disturbance at Stratford centre in The Broadway at 9.30pm on March 20.
They found 21-year-old Beniamin with stab injuries. Beniamin was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later, despite efforts of the emergency services to save his life.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a stab wound.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses who were in the Stratford Centre at around 9.30pm or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4005, or tweet police @MetCC, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 4 Fire breaks out in Canning Town house
- 5 Police investigate fire at derelict Forest Gate church
- 6 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 7 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 8 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 9 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 10 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
Four men have been charged in connection with the stabbing incident.