5th man arrested after Stratford shopping centre killing of Beniamin Pieknyi
- Credit: MPS
A fifth arrest has been made today in the investigation into the killing of Beniamin Pieknyi in Stratford.
The 19-year-old from Newham has been held “on suspicion of murder and robbery”, Scotland Yard confirmed this-evening.
He was taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody tonight.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to a disturbance at Stratford centre in The Broadway at 9.30pm on March 20.
They found 21-year-old Beniamin with stab injuries. Beniamin was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later, despite efforts of the emergency services to save his life.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a stab wound.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses who were in the Stratford Centre at around 9.30pm or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4005, or tweet police @MetCC, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 6 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 7 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Recognising the importance of crossing thresholds as lockdown eases
Four men have been charged in connection with the stabbing incident.