5th man arrested after Stratford shopping centre killing of Beniamin Pieknyi
- Credit: MPS
A fifth arrest has been made today in the investigation into the killing of Beniamin Pieknyi in Stratford.
The 19-year-old from Newham has been held “on suspicion of murder and robbery”, Scotland Yard confirmed this-evening.
He was taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody tonight.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to a disturbance at Stratford centre in The Broadway at 9.30pm on March 20.
They found 21-year-old Beniamin with stab injuries. Beniamin was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later, despite efforts of the emergency services to save his life.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a stab wound.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses who were in the Stratford Centre at around 9.30pm or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4005, or tweet police @MetCC, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
Four men have been charged in connection with the stabbing incident.