Man arrested after two assaulted at Stratford station
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after two men were attacked at Stratford station this morning.
British Transport Police were called just before 6am to reports of two men who had been assaulted.
A 26-year-old from East Ham was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm, common assault and possession of an offensive weapon. During the arrest, police recovered a hammer.
A witness said passers-by helped to tackle the man to the ground.
Both victims have been taken to hospital. The first had a laceration to the head and suspected fractured shoulder, and the other suffered minor bruising. Neither have life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect has been taken into custody and police have begun enquiries to find out what happened leading up to the attack.
Any witnesses should contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016 quoting reference 49 of 30/10/2018. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House