Man arrested after two assaulted at Stratford station
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after two men were attacked at Stratford station this morning.
British Transport Police were called just before 6am to reports of two men who had been assaulted.
A 26-year-old from East Ham was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm, common assault and possession of an offensive weapon. During the arrest, police recovered a hammer.
A witness said passers-by helped to tackle the man to the ground.
Both victims have been taken to hospital. The first had a laceration to the head and suspected fractured shoulder, and the other suffered minor bruising. Neither have life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect has been taken into custody and police have begun enquiries to find out what happened leading up to the attack.
Any witnesses should contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016 quoting reference 49 of 30/10/2018. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Charity provides free breakfasts for 561 vulnerable families over half term