Man arrested after two assaulted at Stratford station
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after two men were attacked at Stratford station this morning.
British Transport Police were called just before 6am to reports of two men who had been assaulted.
A 26-year-old from East Ham was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm, common assault and possession of an offensive weapon. During the arrest, police recovered a hammer.
A witness said passers-by helped to tackle the man to the ground.
Both victims have been taken to hospital. The first had a laceration to the head and suspected fractured shoulder, and the other suffered minor bruising. Neither have life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect has been taken into custody and police have begun enquiries to find out what happened leading up to the attack.
Any witnesses should contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016 quoting reference 49 of 30/10/2018. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 9 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp