18-year-old gets five years after raid uncovers two shotguns
A man found with two shotguns at his Manor Park home has been jailed for five years.
Officers raided the property of Lahmal Siddens, 18, in Rectory Road on January 25 and recovered the firearms, along with 34 live rounds.
During the search they noticed a man loitering outside and arrested him after establishing he was the occupant.
Further investigation uncovered text messages on his mobile phone linking him to the weapons.
Siddens admitted possessing two firearms at Inner London Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
After the sentencing hearing, Det Sgt Neil Taylor said: “I am really pleased with this result which has led to the removal of two firearms capable of causing serious or even fatal injuries off the streets of Newham.
“This activity is part of our continued commitment to protect the public and disrupt criminal activity on the borough.”
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show