18-year-old gets five years after raid uncovers two shotguns
A man found with two shotguns at his Manor Park home has been jailed for five years.
Officers raided the property of Lahmal Siddens, 18, in Rectory Road on January 25 and recovered the firearms, along with 34 live rounds.
During the search they noticed a man loitering outside and arrested him after establishing he was the occupant.
Further investigation uncovered text messages on his mobile phone linking him to the weapons.
Siddens admitted possessing two firearms at Inner London Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
After the sentencing hearing, Det Sgt Neil Taylor said: “I am really pleased with this result which has led to the removal of two firearms capable of causing serious or even fatal injuries off the streets of Newham.
“This activity is part of our continued commitment to protect the public and disrupt criminal activity on the borough.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham