Thug threatens to shoot 14-year-old boy in East Ham attempted robbery
- Credit: Archant
A thug threatened to shoot a 14-year-old boy in an attempted robbery on a tube station platform.
The teenage victim got off a District line train at East Ham with two friends when a man who had been sitting opposite followed them at about 2.30pm on October 14.
He demanded the boy hand over his phone and money then threatened to shoot him after showing him the butt of a gun tucked in his waistband.
The suspect ran off after the boy refused to hand his valuables over.
British Transport Police (BTP) has released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A BTP spokesman said: “Officers believe the young man in the images may have information which could help them investigate.”
Anyone who recognises the man or witnessed the incident should contact BTP by calling 0800 40 50 40 or texting 61016 quoting 307 of 14/10/18.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 9 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.