Thug threatens to shoot 14-year-old boy in East Ham attempted robbery
- Credit: Archant
A thug threatened to shoot a 14-year-old boy in an attempted robbery on a tube station platform.
The teenage victim got off a District line train at East Ham with two friends when a man who had been sitting opposite followed them at about 2.30pm on October 14.
He demanded the boy hand over his phone and money then threatened to shoot him after showing him the butt of a gun tucked in his waistband.
The suspect ran off after the boy refused to hand his valuables over.
British Transport Police (BTP) has released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A BTP spokesman said: “Officers believe the young man in the images may have information which could help them investigate.”
Anyone who recognises the man or witnessed the incident should contact BTP by calling 0800 40 50 40 or texting 61016 quoting 307 of 14/10/18.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.