Thug threatens to shoot 14-year-old boy in East Ham attempted robbery
- Credit: Archant
A thug threatened to shoot a 14-year-old boy in an attempted robbery on a tube station platform.
The teenage victim got off a District line train at East Ham with two friends when a man who had been sitting opposite followed them at about 2.30pm on October 14.
He demanded the boy hand over his phone and money then threatened to shoot him after showing him the butt of a gun tucked in his waistband.
The suspect ran off after the boy refused to hand his valuables over.
British Transport Police (BTP) has released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A BTP spokesman said: “Officers believe the young man in the images may have information which could help them investigate.”
Anyone who recognises the man or witnessed the incident should contact BTP by calling 0800 40 50 40 or texting 61016 quoting 307 of 14/10/18.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.