Thug threatens to shoot 14-year-old boy in East Ham attempted robbery
- Credit: Archant
A thug threatened to shoot a 14-year-old boy in an attempted robbery on a tube station platform.
The teenage victim got off a District line train at East Ham with two friends when a man who had been sitting opposite followed them at about 2.30pm on October 14.
He demanded the boy hand over his phone and money then threatened to shoot him after showing him the butt of a gun tucked in his waistband.
The suspect ran off after the boy refused to hand his valuables over.
British Transport Police (BTP) has released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A BTP spokesman said: “Officers believe the young man in the images may have information which could help them investigate.”
Anyone who recognises the man or witnessed the incident should contact BTP by calling 0800 40 50 40 or texting 61016 quoting 307 of 14/10/18.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.