Thug threatens to shoot 14-year-old boy in East Ham attempted robbery
- Credit: Archant
A thug threatened to shoot a 14-year-old boy in an attempted robbery on a tube station platform.
The teenage victim got off a District line train at East Ham with two friends when a man who had been sitting opposite followed them at about 2.30pm on October 14.
He demanded the boy hand over his phone and money then threatened to shoot him after showing him the butt of a gun tucked in his waistband.
The suspect ran off after the boy refused to hand his valuables over.
British Transport Police (BTP) has released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A BTP spokesman said: “Officers believe the young man in the images may have information which could help them investigate.”
Anyone who recognises the man or witnessed the incident should contact BTP by calling 0800 40 50 40 or texting 61016 quoting 307 of 14/10/18.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.