Cook wants to sign off in style with Orient
Loan star hopes to finish with a win
Winger Lee Cook is hoping to sign off with a bang when he plays his final game for Orient at Notts County on Saturday.
The QPR player has spent the last month on loan at Brisbane Road and has enjoyed his short stay.
“It will be my last game as my loan is up just before Christmas and I would love to help the team get something on Saturday,” said Cook.
“I’ve had a great time here, it’s a lovely club and they are a nice set of lads.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to have been here for Christmas, but the loan is up just before then.”
Cook has played three times since his arrival and added: “I’ve enjoyed the training, which has been great for me and over the three games I’ve felt that each week I’ve been getting fitter.”
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
The winger helped Orient overcome Exeter City 3-0 last weekend and said: “That was our best performance since I have been here and I’m hoping Saturday will be even better.
“I took a bit of a knock in the second half, but I’m hoping I can shrug it off and fire on next Saturday.
“We’ll take that performance into the Notts County game and we won’t be scared to go up there.
“They are doing well, but we have got a good team here and we won’t be looking for anything else but a win.”