Cook wants to sign off in style with Orient
Loan star hopes to finish with a win
Winger Lee Cook is hoping to sign off with a bang when he plays his final game for Orient at Notts County on Saturday.
The QPR player has spent the last month on loan at Brisbane Road and has enjoyed his short stay.
“It will be my last game as my loan is up just before Christmas and I would love to help the team get something on Saturday,” said Cook.
“I’ve had a great time here, it’s a lovely club and they are a nice set of lads.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to have been here for Christmas, but the loan is up just before then.”
Cook has played three times since his arrival and added: “I’ve enjoyed the training, which has been great for me and over the three games I’ve felt that each week I’ve been getting fitter.”
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
The winger helped Orient overcome Exeter City 3-0 last weekend and said: “That was our best performance since I have been here and I’m hoping Saturday will be even better.
“I took a bit of a knock in the second half, but I’m hoping I can shrug it off and fire on next Saturday.
“We’ll take that performance into the Notts County game and we won’t be scared to go up there.
“They are doing well, but we have got a good team here and we won’t be looking for anything else but a win.”