Cook wants to sign off in style with Orient
Loan star hopes to finish with a win
Winger Lee Cook is hoping to sign off with a bang when he plays his final game for Orient at Notts County on Saturday.
The QPR player has spent the last month on loan at Brisbane Road and has enjoyed his short stay.
“It will be my last game as my loan is up just before Christmas and I would love to help the team get something on Saturday,” said Cook.
“I’ve had a great time here, it’s a lovely club and they are a nice set of lads.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to have been here for Christmas, but the loan is up just before then.”
Cook has played three times since his arrival and added: “I’ve enjoyed the training, which has been great for me and over the three games I’ve felt that each week I’ve been getting fitter.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 8 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 9 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
The winger helped Orient overcome Exeter City 3-0 last weekend and said: “That was our best performance since I have been here and I’m hoping Saturday will be even better.
“I took a bit of a knock in the second half, but I’m hoping I can shrug it off and fire on next Saturday.
“We’ll take that performance into the Notts County game and we won’t be scared to go up there.
“They are doing well, but we have got a good team here and we won’t be looking for anything else but a win.”