Cook wants to sign off in style with Orient
Loan star hopes to finish with a win
Winger Lee Cook is hoping to sign off with a bang when he plays his final game for Orient at Notts County on Saturday.
The QPR player has spent the last month on loan at Brisbane Road and has enjoyed his short stay.
“It will be my last game as my loan is up just before Christmas and I would love to help the team get something on Saturday,” said Cook.
“I’ve had a great time here, it’s a lovely club and they are a nice set of lads.
“I would like to have been here for Christmas, but the loan is up just before then.”
Cook has played three times since his arrival and added: “I’ve enjoyed the training, which has been great for me and over the three games I’ve felt that each week I’ve been getting fitter.”
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 5 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 6 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 9 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
The winger helped Orient overcome Exeter City 3-0 last weekend and said: “That was our best performance since I have been here and I’m hoping Saturday will be even better.
“I took a bit of a knock in the second half, but I’m hoping I can shrug it off and fire on next Saturday.
“We’ll take that performance into the Notts County game and we won’t be scared to go up there.
“They are doing well, but we have got a good team here and we won’t be looking for anything else but a win.”