COMPETITION: Your chance to experience Welcome to Monsterville at Stratford’s Discover Story Centre
Five lucky youngsters will be able to meet monstertastic illustrators Ed Vere, Sarah McIntyre and Neal Layton, thanks to the Discover Story Centre and the Recorder.
The trio will be at the children’s story centre in Stratford High Street on Saturday (May 28) to launch the new exhibition Welcome to Monsterville.
It features a range of hideous and hilarious experiences, set in the world of a group of revoltingly adorable monsters.
Visitors to the exhibition, which runs until March 2012, will be able to hang out at the Lolliplops Cafe or drop in at the Beauty and the Beast Salon to try on a tentacle and eyeball wig.
There will also be the chance to leaf through fiendishly foul books in the library, draw in the ghoulish gallery and perform on the majestically monstrous bandstand.
You may also want to watch:
Discover are offering five lucky young Newham Recorder readers the chance to meet the trio behind the displays, as well as bagging a free monster goodie bag, including signed books and toys, and free day passes to Discover.
All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is buy a copy of the Recorder and take it along to Discover on Saturday.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 5 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 9 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 10 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
The first five through the doors with their copy at 11am will scoop the prizes.