COMPETITION: Your chance to experience Welcome to Monsterville at Stratford’s Discover Story Centre
Five lucky youngsters will be able to meet monstertastic illustrators Ed Vere, Sarah McIntyre and Neal Layton, thanks to the Discover Story Centre and the Recorder.
The trio will be at the children’s story centre in Stratford High Street on Saturday (May 28) to launch the new exhibition Welcome to Monsterville.
It features a range of hideous and hilarious experiences, set in the world of a group of revoltingly adorable monsters.
Visitors to the exhibition, which runs until March 2012, will be able to hang out at the Lolliplops Cafe or drop in at the Beauty and the Beast Salon to try on a tentacle and eyeball wig.
There will also be the chance to leaf through fiendishly foul books in the library, draw in the ghoulish gallery and perform on the majestically monstrous bandstand.
Discover are offering five lucky young Newham Recorder readers the chance to meet the trio behind the displays, as well as bagging a free monster goodie bag, including signed books and toys, and free day passes to Discover.
All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is buy a copy of the Recorder and take it along to Discover on Saturday.
- 1 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 4 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 6 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 9 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 10 Newham pupils 'celebrate community' by designing large playground mural
The first five through the doors with their copy at 11am will scoop the prizes.