Commuters face severe delays between Stratford and Romford after train breaks down in Ilford
- Credit: Hammersfan/Wikimedia Commons
Commuters face a chaotic journey home this evening as a number of services have been cancelled due to damage to the overhead electric wires between Stratford and Ilford.
The delays have been caused by an earlier broken down train at Ilford which damaged the wires and both Greater Anglia and TfL Rail have cancelled a number of scheduled trains with disruption expected to last until the end of the day.
A number of people have been left stuck on their journeys and it reportedly took one train from Liverpool Street to Norwich three hours to get to Goodmayes.
A spokesman for TfL Rail said: “Due to damage to overhead electric wires at Ilford there are severe delays to TfL services.
“A ten minute service will operate from Liverpool Street with no trains calling at Maryland, forest Gate and Manor Park. Customers should avoid Stratford which will be extremely busy.”
You may also want to watch:
Greater Anglia apologised for the disruption whilst a Network Rail team is currently working to resolve the problem.
For updates to Greater Anglia services go to journeycheck.com/greateranglia/.
Check twitter for updates to Tfl services.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation