Cole disappointed with Old Trafford display despite goal
- Credit: PA
Carlton Cole was disappointed by the performance against Manchester United despite getting on the scoresheet for the Hammers in the 3-1 defeat.
Cole scored a consolation goal with nine minutes remaining after Modibo Maiga played him through.
He said: “We wanted to get a result so the gloss is taken off scoring at Old Trafford.
“I just wish it was a bit earlier so we could have done something with it.
“Going 2-0 down to Man United at half-time makes it difficult as it would need heroics to get back into the game.”
You may also want to watch:
The striker says his goal shows extra hours at the Chadwell Heath training ground are paying off.
The team turns its attentions to title challengers Arsenal on Boxing Day and Cole believes they can get a positive result.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 10 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett
“We need any result we can get against Arsenal,” said the 30-year-old.
“We need to get our home form much better. It didn’t happen on Saturday, but I do feel that we have a chance in every game we play, it’s just about capitalising on our chances.”
It was Cole’s second goal since returning to Upton Park on a short-term contract and he is hoping to find the net on a more regular basis to convince Hammers boss Sam Allardyce to give him an extension.