Co-founder & senior advisor Community Links Kevin Jenkins celebrates local art by supporting The Line
- Credit: Archant
Among the potential new developments for Newham and east London, you will find a real exciting gem of a project – The Line – a sculpture walk for London.
The brainchild of founding partners, Megan Piper – a contemporary art dealer and Clive Dutton the former head of Regeneration in Newham, the Line will be a three-mile world class sculpture walk.
They have adopted a phased approach and are working to site around 10- 15 works this year and the same again next (many of which will never have been previously seen by the public) following the Meridian Line from the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, along the River Lea footpath, through Cody Dock, down to the Royals and then across the river to North Greenwich and the walkways around the O2 and Millennium Dome.
The Line is bringing great work of art to the docks and river of Newham and will also enable the boroughs great water heritage to be shared with a national and international audience.
The Line will build on the sculptures already displayed in the borough including the Dockers statue in the Royal Victoria Dock, again celebrating and sharing our Newham heritage with a national (and international) audience.
You may also want to watch:
The Line will bring art to the people in an innovative and inspiring way. It will raise aspirations and enhance the regeneration of east London uniquely enabling our areas past, current and future to be celebrated.
The Line is on track to open in the summer. If you would like further details or to help shape the project or to just express support for it, further details are available at The Line or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I urge everyone to support this unique opportunity of adding another jewel into Newham’s growing crown.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim