Clipper 70 docks at St Katharine Docks
- Credit: Archant
This is the 70 foot ocean racer that will be taking part in a gruelling 11-month round the world race.
The Clipper 70 is docked at St Katharine Docks and can be seen there until January 20.
It has been designed for the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race, the world’s longest yacht race totalling 40,000 miles across 15 races and passing 13 countries.
St Katharine Docks’ stunning environment provides the perfect backdrop for the first of the 12-yacht fleet to be viewed by the public and provides a unique opportunity for visitors to learn more about the race and see the magnificent vessel first-hand.
Ben Walford, St Katharine Docks, said: “We are proud to welcome Clipper Ventures to St Katharine Docks and assist the race organisers’ in achieving their latest milestone for the success of this famous race.
You may also want to watch:
“The Clipper 70 is the latest in a series of high-profile moorings at St Katharine Docks over the past twelve months and we are honoured to partner with Clipper Ventures to host this impressive yacht ahead of the start of this incredible event.”
The yacht is the latest in a long line of well-known vessels to moor within St Katharine Dock’s iconic marina following the marina’s involvement in the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant Avenue of Sail, and most recently when it hosted The Queen’s Row Barge Gloriana as part of the Olympic Games celebrations.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley