Cleaner trains and stations among Crossrail takeover plans
- Credit: Archant
Rail users across the borough will benefit from cleaner trains later this year.
Transport for London are set to spruce up the trains on the Liverpool Street to Shenfield line within six months of the route being transferred to Crossrail.
Although the branch will be taken over from May 31, the new Crossrail trains will not come into use until 2017.
Instead, the existing stock, currently operated by Abellio Greater Anglia, will be refreshed inside and out.
Mike Brown, managing director of London Rail, said: “While construction is forging ahead the first steps towards opening London’s new rail line will happen as rail services between Liverpool Street and Shenfield become part of the TfL network this Spring.
You may also want to watch:
“This is another step in our transformation of rail services across the capital as we work to support London’s economic growth and meet the demands of the city’s rapidly growing population.”
Stations along the branch will also go through a phased programme of deep cleaning and painting as part of the changeover.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
Help points, CCTV, gate lines and better lighting and customer information will also be introduced.
TfL also intend to have staff at every station at all times that trains are running and improved accessibility provision.