Classic cycle race the Good Friday Meeting to come to Lee Valley VeloPark
- Credit: Eleanor Bentall
Two-time Olympic gold-medallist ED Clancy MBE will lead the field at a classic international cycling race at the former Olympic Velodrome to help celebrate the legacy of the games.
The Good Friday Meeting has a history going back over 110 years and will be the first open-entry event to take place at Lee Valley Velopark since it opened to the public last month.
Professional, elite and club-level riders from across Europe will flock to the indoor track this Friday, April 18, uprooting the famous race meet’s traditional home at the outdoor velodrome in Herne Hill, south London.
The race is organised by the Southern Counties Cycling Union and will include sprint, elimination and keirin events.
Racing begins at 3pm, doors open at 2.15pm. Visit quaytickets.com for advanced tickets.
You may also want to watch:
See our Parklife section for all the latest news from Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House