Classic cycle race the Good Friday Meeting to come to Lee Valley VeloPark
- Credit: Eleanor Bentall
Two-time Olympic gold-medallist ED Clancy MBE will lead the field at a classic international cycling race at the former Olympic Velodrome to help celebrate the legacy of the games.
The Good Friday Meeting has a history going back over 110 years and will be the first open-entry event to take place at Lee Valley Velopark since it opened to the public last month.
Professional, elite and club-level riders from across Europe will flock to the indoor track this Friday, April 18, uprooting the famous race meet’s traditional home at the outdoor velodrome in Herne Hill, south London.
The race is organised by the Southern Counties Cycling Union and will include sprint, elimination and keirin events.
Racing begins at 3pm, doors open at 2.15pm. Visit quaytickets.com for advanced tickets.
You may also want to watch:
See our Parklife section for all the latest news from Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross