Claim npower payouts Newham customers urged
HUNDREDS, maybe even thousands of npower customers in are missing out on refunds for being overcharged on their gas bills in 2007, said Consumer Focus, a watchdog group urging them to put in claims.
The fuel-supply company has almost �2 million still up for grabs from a �70 million payout chest which will be shared by the remaining 53,000 London customers who have yet to claim.
With payments of up to �100, and an average of �35 plus VAT and interest, the payment could make a big difference to cash-strapped consumers.
In all npower is offering repayments to 1.89 million households nationwide. These customers are likely to have paid for more higher-priced gas units than they expected to in 2007 after the company changed how it charged for these units without telling people.
Christine Farnish, Chair of Consumer Focus, said:
You may also want to watch:
“It is great news that over fifty million pounds has now been put back into the pockets of over a million people nationally by npower. We want to encourage all those consumers still entitled to a refund to get the cash that’s rightfully theirs.”
Anyone else who thinks they may be due a refund should call the npower helpline on 0800 975 7938 to see if they are eligible.’
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 3 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 4 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 10 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas