Claim npower payouts Newham customers urged
HUNDREDS, maybe even thousands of npower customers in are missing out on refunds for being overcharged on their gas bills in 2007, said Consumer Focus, a watchdog group urging them to put in claims.
The fuel-supply company has almost �2 million still up for grabs from a �70 million payout chest which will be shared by the remaining 53,000 London customers who have yet to claim.
With payments of up to �100, and an average of �35 plus VAT and interest, the payment could make a big difference to cash-strapped consumers.
In all npower is offering repayments to 1.89 million households nationwide. These customers are likely to have paid for more higher-priced gas units than they expected to in 2007 after the company changed how it charged for these units without telling people.
Christine Farnish, Chair of Consumer Focus, said:
You may also want to watch:
“It is great news that over fifty million pounds has now been put back into the pockets of over a million people nationally by npower. We want to encourage all those consumers still entitled to a refund to get the cash that’s rightfully theirs.”
Anyone else who thinks they may be due a refund should call the npower helpline on 0800 975 7938 to see if they are eligible.’
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation