City Airport takes off with business award
- Credit: Archant
The borough’s airport has been recognised with a prestigious business award for its positive impact on the community.
London City Airport was nominated by Newham’s MP Stephen Timms for the Responsible Business Champion prize, who said it was an “exemplar of corporate responsibility”.
The award, granted by the All-Party Parliamentary Corporate Responsibility Group (APCRG), is granted by MPs to identify an outstanding local business, based on criteria including the company’s overall impact on its constituency.
The airport will now be pitted against other businesses for a national version of the award, the winner of which will be announced at a reception hosted by House of Commons speaker John Bercow on July 15th.
“I am delighted that London City Airport has been nominated by the All-Party Parliamentary Corporate Responsibility Group,” said Mr Timms.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an exemplar of corporate responsibility and I am always impressed by the wide range of initiatives the airport supports. I particularly welcome the Airport’s consistent commitment to supporting local residents into employment.”
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham