City Airport named ‘UK’s best’
LONDON City Airport has been named the best in the UK by industry leaders.
The Royal Docks site won the top prize at this year’s Business Travel Awards.
It is the first time in more than 10 years it has bagged the award.
London City saw off competition from Gatwick, Bristol and Southampton, with the judges unanimous in their decision.
The airport was praised for its continued growth and investment in spite of difficult times for the airline industry.
You may also want to watch:
Snow, ash clouds and economic uncertainty made 2010 one of its most challenging years on record.
Chief executive Richard Gooding collected the prize at the Grosvenor House Hotel in Park Lane from comedian Jason Manford, who was compere for the evening.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
Mr Gooding said: “We are honoured to receive this prestigious accolade, of Best UK Airport, by this very distinguished panel of corporate travel managers who are at the heart of company travel policies and understand the demands of business travel.
“Through continuous performance improvements and new initiatives we will continue to ensure every aspect of the Airport’s operations delivers a seamless fast passenger experience.”