Circus widow’s designer clothes sale
- Credit: Archant
Pick up a piece of fashion history and donate money to charity at the same time during a sale of more than 1,000 designer clothes.
The items, which span three decades, belong to the widow of circus king Billy Smart Junior and will go on sale at Westfield Stratford City on Friday.
Part of the proceeds will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Society.
The most exclusive piece is a moulded corset which is one of a limited edition of artworks made by Japanese designer Issey Miyake in 1980.
Hannalore Smart’s collection also includes 40 items by Alaia alone, as well as skiboots and sunglasses by Chanel, luggage by Louis Vuitton, historic pieces from Vivienne Westwood and gowns by Gianni Versace.
You may also want to watch:
Fashion blogger Susie Bubbie will be dressing windows on the launch day and designer Katie Jones will upcycle a vintage Jean Paul Gaultier jumpsuit.
Other attractions on the day will include fashion stylists on hand to help shoppers find looks that suit them and sewing skill workshops.
- 1 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 2 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 3 Women rescued as flat destroyed in Custom House blaze
- 4 Up to 100 drivers thwarted in crackdown on car meets in Newham
- 5 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 6 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 7 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
The sale will take place at The Street, with prices ranging from £30 to £350. To book a styling session, email email@example.com