Circus widow’s designer clothes sale
- Credit: Archant
Pick up a piece of fashion history and donate money to charity at the same time during a sale of more than 1,000 designer clothes.
The items, which span three decades, belong to the widow of circus king Billy Smart Junior and will go on sale at Westfield Stratford City on Friday.
Part of the proceeds will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Society.
The most exclusive piece is a moulded corset which is one of a limited edition of artworks made by Japanese designer Issey Miyake in 1980.
Hannalore Smart’s collection also includes 40 items by Alaia alone, as well as skiboots and sunglasses by Chanel, luggage by Louis Vuitton, historic pieces from Vivienne Westwood and gowns by Gianni Versace.
You may also want to watch:
Fashion blogger Susie Bubbie will be dressing windows on the launch day and designer Katie Jones will upcycle a vintage Jean Paul Gaultier jumpsuit.
Other attractions on the day will include fashion stylists on hand to help shoppers find looks that suit them and sewing skill workshops.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 8 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
The sale will take place at The Street, with prices ranging from £30 to £350. To book a styling session, email email@example.com