Church provides Christmas dinner for homeless
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s homeless were treated to Christmas dinner on Saturday night
St Saviour Church was decorated in a Christmas theme for the meal, while live entertainment was also provided.
The three course meal included a traditional roast dinner and a choice of desserts for those who face spending Christmas on the streets.
It was organised by the congregation of ARC, a church which is currently based in Forest Gate.
Christine Singh was one of a number of churchgoers who helped to run the event.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We had about 50 people turn up, which was ok.
“We had a lot of people say that they really appreciated what we were doing, which was nice.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
In previous years, the group have gone out on the streets to hand out food and blankets, but for the last two years they have based themselves at churches to provide somewhere warm for the homeless people to go.