Christmas spirit arrives at Richard House
THE Christmas spirit arrived early for youngsters when they were treated to a festive party.
Richard House Hospice in Beckton was transformed into a winter wonderland getting everyone into the festive spirit for the under-13s.
The annual event gave the children, young people and parents the chance to meet over food, games and quizzes.
It also saw the launch of Richard House’s Sponsor-a-Child Appeal.
Peter Ellis, chief executive, said: “We’re asking people to do something different this Christmas and sponsor a Richard House child. A one-off donation can be made from as little as �3.
You may also want to watch:
“We rely on donations to continue our work with children and young people with life-threatening conditions or complex healthcare needs. Each year we need to raise at least �3.1million to continue operating.
“Our services range from music therapy to cooking sessions.”
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 8 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
If you would like to find out more, visit www.richardhouse.org.uk.