Canning Town charity’s attempt to break Christmas jumper world record
A Canning Town charity is inviting people to get into the Christmas spirit in a bid to break a world record.
Ambition Aspire Achieve (AAA) is looking for more than 5,000 people to wear Christmas jumpers on Friday, December 6 to try and set a new Guinness World Record.
The challenge is taking place at the Copper Box Arena and the charity is hoping to raise £50,000 towards its work.
Kevin Jenkins, the charity's founder, said: "The event will enable AAA to continue to make a real difference and change the lives of local disadvantaged, vulnerable and at risk children throughout 2020."
The event, between 12pm and 1pm, will feature Christmas festivities led by former EastEnders actor and stand-up comedian Ricky Grover and music from ukulele band D'ukes.
You may also want to watch:
Attendees will need to bring along their own Christmas jumper.
Entry fee is a £10 donation and to book in advance, visit ambition-aspire-achieve.eventbrite.co.uk
- 1 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 2 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
- 5 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 9 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 10 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed