Choose a name for Harris Hawks used to scare pigeons at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: Archant
A trio of eagle-eyed new recruits are ready to take their perch at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Rest assured, the three Harris Hawks certainly won’t be winging it as they swoop into their new roles as mascots for the ArcelorMittal Orbit while also making sure pesky pigeons keep away from the UK’s tallest sculpture.
The birds, two males and one female, are currently nameless. But don’t get in a flap, you can get involved in choosing their names this May half term.
The winning names will be picked on Sunday, June 2, and those who submitted them will be invited back to the park with their families to see the hawks in action.
They will also adopt their named hawk for a year and receive a soft toy of the new mascots.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors to the Orbit during half term will be asked if they want to enter the competition when their Orbit tickets are checked by staff and need only leave their chosen name and contact details.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 5 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 6 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 7 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 8 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 9 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences