Chocolatiers bring Shoreditch spirit to Green Street
- Credit: Archant
Luxury confectioner Urban Chocolatier has branched out from its Whitechapel roots to set up shop in Upton Park’s Green Street.
The newly-opened East Shopping Centre welcomed the new store to its retailers at an opening on Thursday.
Owner Ali Sadaqat, 25, said the business has already established a reputation in Newham with a strong start since the opening.
He put it down to the unique service Urban Chocolatier
“There’s not really anything else like us in east London, which is partly why we wanted to get involved with the shopping centre,” he said. “We wanted to be part of something new – this centre is the only one of its kind Europe and Green Street is the perfect location.”
The shop provides halal products but also vegan-friendly food, avoiding gelatine and alcohol in ingredients as a rule.
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 3 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 4 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 West Ham United fall to Nottingham Forest
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
“More and more people want halal and vegan-friendly food these days – so we’re very popular,” he said.
Ali Sadaqat has said that part of his aim is to bring the spirit of Shoreditch to Upton Park.
“The location gives us a really exciting mixture of old and new, with some of the most established ethnic restaurants on one side and the West Ham football ground on the other,” he said. “We’re hoping to bring the quirkiness of Shoreditch to Green Street.”
The firm is less than two years old and employs 15 people at the Green Street shop.