Chocolate themed fun at community party
- Credit: Archant
Chocolate fans were treated to a Willy Wonka themed party on Friday.
The community party, at Play, Sow and Grow, featured home made sweets, games and a big party cake.
Adam Attew, who organised the party at the Gay Road centre, was happy with how it went.
He said: “We let people choose their own sweets for a pick and mix bag.
A lot of the adults thought it was just for children, but when we told them they could have a go too, they were giddy with excitement.”
You may also want to watch:
Guests could draw their favourite sweets on the wall and try to find the golden ticket on a Monopoly board, with the winner receiving one of the party’s giant chocolate bar signs.
Adam, who made a lot of the food himself, estimated around 70 people attended.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
He said: “We had a lot of families turn up, but we also had some children come on their own and I even had adults ask me if they were able to come as they don’t have any children.
“It was a party for everyone really; adults got to revisit their childhood.”