Chocolate themed fun at community party
- Credit: Archant
Chocolate fans were treated to a Willy Wonka themed party on Friday.
The community party, at Play, Sow and Grow, featured home made sweets, games and a big party cake.
Adam Attew, who organised the party at the Gay Road centre, was happy with how it went.
He said: “We let people choose their own sweets for a pick and mix bag.
A lot of the adults thought it was just for children, but when we told them they could have a go too, they were giddy with excitement.”
You may also want to watch:
Guests could draw their favourite sweets on the wall and try to find the golden ticket on a Monopoly board, with the winner receiving one of the party’s giant chocolate bar signs.
Adam, who made a lot of the food himself, estimated around 70 people attended.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
He said: “We had a lot of families turn up, but we also had some children come on their own and I even had adults ask me if they were able to come as they don’t have any children.
“It was a party for everyone really; adults got to revisit their childhood.”