Children took to the dance floor during Stratford Circus Family Disco
- Credit: Archant
Children lit up the dance floor with neon finger lights during a Family Disco at Stratford Circus.
Around 150 adults and children, aged up to 11 years old, boogied away as the venue’s DJ played a mix of chart classics and old Family Disco favourites on Saturday.
Theatre characters Marigold the Pixie and Professor Wait-a-Minute, from an interactive half-term play called ‘Spring into Summer Celebrations’ run by the Tea Dance for Little People company, also turned up at the disco.
Education Officer at Stratford Circus, Becky Lees, said: “They led a few group dances which went down really well with the children.”
A dressing up box, a soft-play chill out area and face painting was also put on for the children.
You may also want to watch:
The last children’s show of the season at Stratford Circus will be Varmints on June 22. The same Saturday will feature a Family Day with activities and workshops, which will be free for ticket holders for the Varmints show. The next season starts in September.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross