Children took to the dance floor during Stratford Circus Family Disco
- Credit: Archant
Children lit up the dance floor with neon finger lights during a Family Disco at Stratford Circus.
Around 150 adults and children, aged up to 11 years old, boogied away as the venue’s DJ played a mix of chart classics and old Family Disco favourites on Saturday.
Theatre characters Marigold the Pixie and Professor Wait-a-Minute, from an interactive half-term play called ‘Spring into Summer Celebrations’ run by the Tea Dance for Little People company, also turned up at the disco.
Education Officer at Stratford Circus, Becky Lees, said: “They led a few group dances which went down really well with the children.”
A dressing up box, a soft-play chill out area and face painting was also put on for the children.
The last children’s show of the season at Stratford Circus will be Varmints on June 22. The same Saturday will feature a Family Day with activities and workshops, which will be free for ticket holders for the Varmints show. The next season starts in September.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 4 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London