Children enjoy colour fun day at Richard House
- Credit: Tom Morton
Families added a splash of colour to life with an activity day at Richard House.
Youngsters at the Beckton hospice enjoyed music, drama and craft with their parents and siblings as part of the special themed day.
There was the chance to take on a scavenger hunt, finding objects of a certain colour, while participants could also take part in face painting and storytelling sessions.
Volunteer Ornella Massera said: ““I had so much fun with the kids and they were all so happy to be here.
“It was really nice to see the siblings having such a great time too, having a place where they can be themselves and everyone in the family is taken into consideration.”
The day was also a chance to try out the hospice’s new kitchen service, the Grub Hub, which opened for business for the first time.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 3 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 4 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 5 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 6 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 7 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 8 Mother and daughter, 3, left without boiler as temperatures hit freezing
- 9 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'