Children and pets can join farm animals for church blessing in Stratford
Children can bring their pets along to be blessed along with farm animals in a church car park in Stratford on Sunday (Oct 7).
St Francis of Assisi church on Grove Crescent Road will be ending a week long celebration of their patron saint by holding a mini farm animal road show in their parish car park.
The Italian preacher, St Francis of Assisi, who died in 1226, is known as the patron saint for animals and the environment.
Father Anthony Cho said: “A fellow friar, who works on a farm, will be bringing along goats, chicken and ducks. We are also inviting children to bring their pets along for a blessing.
“Our patron saint was all about creation and peace, and understanding how everything is interrelated.
You may also want to watch:
The gathering will start from 2.30pm in car park ahead of the blessing at 3pm.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 3 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 4 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 7 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 10 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries