Child rescued during flat blaze
Firefighters tackle blaze to rescue a child from a flat in Plaistow
FIREFIGHTERS fought through flames to rescue a child from a burning flat in Plaistow on Sunday night.
The drama occurred after a mother and child had fled the four-roomed property in Jones Road.
Four fire crews from Plaistow and East Ham stations tackled the blaze at 6pm.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus brought the child to safety via an internal staircase.
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service teams treated the mother and the two children for smoke inhalation at the scene.
The cause of the fire, which was brought under control at 6.44pm, is under investigation.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 9 Knife-carrying teenager arrested after running from cops
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims