Charity ensures everything’s coming up roses for West Ham MP Lyn Brown
West Ham MP Lyn Brown was thrilled when volunteers from a local charity popped round to spruce up her garden.
Horticultural Links, an offshoot of Newham-based charity Community Links, cut back the overgrown shrubs in the back garden of Ms Brown’s Plaistow home and gave her advice on replanting fragrant climbers including rambling roses and jasmine.
Ms Brown said: “I’m thrilled with my new-look garden, and with the help and advice I got.
“I am also delighted that Community Links is involved in this excellent project which helps people get back into long term employment by offering them a needed trade.”
Working with local young people, children, adults, and families for over 30 years, Community Links in Barking Road runs community projects for 30,000 people a year.
You may also want to watch:
Horticultural Links in particular operate in east London and Essex offering full-service gardening solutions for residential and commercial properties as a one-off revamp or on-going maintenance.
For more information on how to get involved with Horticultural Links, visit their website www.horticulturallinks.co.uk or call 020 7473 9685.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow