Charity ensures everything’s coming up roses for West Ham MP Lyn Brown
West Ham MP Lyn Brown was thrilled when volunteers from a local charity popped round to spruce up her garden.
Horticultural Links, an offshoot of Newham-based charity Community Links, cut back the overgrown shrubs in the back garden of Ms Brown’s Plaistow home and gave her advice on replanting fragrant climbers including rambling roses and jasmine.
Ms Brown said: “I’m thrilled with my new-look garden, and with the help and advice I got.
“I am also delighted that Community Links is involved in this excellent project which helps people get back into long term employment by offering them a needed trade.”
Working with local young people, children, adults, and families for over 30 years, Community Links in Barking Road runs community projects for 30,000 people a year.
You may also want to watch:
Horticultural Links in particular operate in east London and Essex offering full-service gardening solutions for residential and commercial properties as a one-off revamp or on-going maintenance.
For more information on how to get involved with Horticultural Links, visit their website www.horticulturallinks.co.uk or call 020 7473 9685.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford