Charity Bollywood world record to take place in Spitalfields
- Credit: Archant
An attempt to break the world record for the number of people simultaneously dancing a Bollywood routine will take place at Spitalfields Market in aid of cancer nursing.
On July 6, people are asked to gather in the market for BollyGood, a fundraising dance in memory of 24-year-old Sophie Parr, who died of the disease in 2009.
More than £9,000 has been raised for Macmillan Cancer Support through Sophie’s blog, which she established in the three weeks between her diagnosis and death.
The first BollyGood in 2012 continued her work, with 1,000 participants in six sites around the world raising almost £13,000.
This year, people are asked to join in fundraising to reach a target of £25,000.
Other confirmed locations for the dance include Russia, Australia, Sweden, Somerset and Mauritius.
To take part or donate, visit: facebook.com/BollyGoodDanceOff.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 7 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Jackett looks at positives from Port Vale point