Celebrate history of Newham community at Stratford museum
The Reminiscence session at a pop-up museum in Stratford returns for residents past and present to share their local memories.
Following the success of last week’s event, The People’s Museum and Gallery of Newham will be encouraging more people to come along.
Today, Friday, Robert Rogers will be giving a talk on the defunct West Ham Speedway where he will be showing off his old photographs and memorabilia.
On Saturday, Stratford Village Artist Alison Marchant returns for another workshop from 2pm to 4pm to produce some local art for an exhibition next month.
Curated by Eastside Community Heritage (ECH), the museum aims to tell working class stories of the last century through a programme of workshops, exhibitions, films, and talks.
From Monday August 20 at 4pm, Geoff Bell, a historian and chair of ECH will be taking the reins in a talk about the history of protest in Newham while a heritage exhibition called ‘My Roots’ will open and run until August 26.
The People’s Museum and Gallery of Newham is at 306 High Street, Stratford, E15 1AJ.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 6 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 10 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
All events are free but it is highly recommended to book spaces or group bookings by calling Claire on 020 8553 4343 or email email@example.com.
For more information on upcoming events, visit www.hidden-histories.org.uk or follow @EastsideCH on Twitter.