Celebrate Guy Fawkes Night with fireworks at Wanstead Flats on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Guy Fawkes Night fireworks will be held on Sunday night at Wanstead Flats in Forest Gate.
The event, which coincides with Diwali, promises to be a night of awe-inspiring fireworks and a dazzling pyrotechnics display and laser show.
Gates will be open in Centre Road, Forest Gate at 5.30pm and the display is due to begin at 6.30pm.
This year’s spectacular fireworks display will be choreographed to a poptastic soundtrack featuring hits from Mumford & Sons, Rihanna, Florence & the Machine, Jessie J, Katy Perry, Calvin Harris and many more.
There will also be a varied and warming range of food and drink on site including Thai noodles and curries, French crepes, jerk chicken and gourmet Lebanese cuisine.
You may also want to watch:
Entrance to the event, which is organised by Newham Council, is free.
Both Centre Road and Woodford Road will be closed between 4.30pm and 8pm and there will be no public parking. The roads around the site are likely to become heavily congested and the council is urging residents to leave their cars at home and use public transport.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 7 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 8 Dame Vera Lynn memorial campaign announced on first anniversary of star's death
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
Blue badge parking will be available in the Centre Road Car Park. Centre Road will be closed during this event. Therefore, all cars parked in the Centre Road Car Park will have to wait for the road to be reopened before departing. We expect that the road will open 45 - 60 minutes after the display has finished. Event staff will let you know as soon as it is safe for you to move your vehicle.
Entrances to the event will be on Centre Road and Dames Road. There will be no entrance on Lake House Road.
For more information go to http://newham.com/page/whatson/guy_fawkes_night_fireworks/825,10,0,0,0.html#sthash.Y7fi4LxQ.dpuf